With the addition of Amy Jones, DPT to our talented staff at Total Body Physical Therapy, we have expanded our services.
Graston Technique (GT) is an instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization technique used by clinicians designed to break down scar tissue, soft tissue restrictions, as well as help treat soft tissue fibrotic restrictions and chronic inflammation by the use of stainless steel instruments. This method allows your therapist to treat your problem areas in a precise manner and with greater specificity. GT accelerates rehabilitation and recovery, reduces the need for anti-inflammatory medication and allows patients the freedom to continue their normal activities.
Treatable injuries include but not limited to:
- Back Pain – strains
- Neck Pain – cervical strain/sprain plus headaches
- Ankle Pain – strains/sprains, achilles tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint effusion/or edema
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Scar tissue
- Shin splints
- IT band pain/hamstring strain/pain
- Shoulder pain – rotator cuff, impingement syndrome, biceps tendonitis/osis, post–surgical, scapular mechanics
- Tennis/golfers elbow – Lateral or medial epicondylitis
- Total knee replacements, ligament repairs, meniscus repairs, knee pain, patellofemoral disorder